Enter Mr.. S. with a question about the Municipal Archive of Marvão (no comments…)
Note the weights that I have here on display and tells me that still has small weights kept in the house (onças=60 gr) the old father's shop.
- Ai's father had a grocery?
- Yes, there Campo Maior. Fridays was the day of the plane. Rural workers came stock up on groceries and often paid with plane.
- With the plane? How was it?
- Workers received wages in kind. Bread and cheeses from sheep, for example. Then came the grocery store and exchanged cheeses with other foods they needed.
- Do not tell me, and the store after selling cheeses?
- Yes, or they were for their own. Even today while talking to my wife when we go shopping and find cheeses from sheep, I call them the cheeses of plane.
So was the Alentejo the years 40/50